... and what will you bring me today?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April

This month is always hard because of sad memories and it can be a dreary, rainy time too. But I've been working on my outlook because there are also quite a few happy times to celebrate and, of course, all that rain does make nature beautiful. What I know in my head that I should do does not always get done, and also I think in my heart, "What is wrong with taking a bit of time to be quiet and think and remember even if it does make me sad?"

This April though has brought extra challenges with a friend from church who has died from breast cancer, and another very good friend being diagnosed with breast cancer within the same week. There's not much I am able to do except to support the dad and two young daughters as they miss their wife/mom, and be close by for my friend as she faces chemo after her mastectomy.

I don't feel up to it. I don't know what to do best for any of them. Flowers, food, hugs, listening…     I wish there was a magic formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment